Sunday, March 7, 2010

Do you Bump?

Sisters Lucy, Colleen, Maria, and Cara all bump. The "Bump" is an iPhone app that allows users to transfer data from one iPhone (or an iPod Touch) to another simply by bumping their devices together. In a few seconds, the aforementioned sisters exchanged contact information with an eye to geeting together for shopping and drinks at an as-yet-to-be-determined date and time.
How cool is that. You just need an iPhone and the free Bump app to get this to work. You fill out a "Bump contact card" (kind of like an electronic Rolodex card) for this to work. Yeah, I mentioned "Rolodex." I am so dated now. I don't own an iPhone, either. I'm sooooo looooooost!!!

BUT WAIT--I just read in the blogosphere (www.androidcentral.com) that the Bump has found its way to the Google Android. And according to an article posted there by Casey Chan, the best thing is that the Android "Bump" works with the iPhone "Bump"--Bump is cross-platform.

I've got to go download it in Android Market now, so I can bump along with everyone else at our next dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment